Drazan criticized Kotek and Johnson, saying they were part of a Democratic establishment that had passed policies that negatively affected Oregonians. z-index:1; What were the early voting start and end dates? Captain America. I took over the route in the 7th grade and worked it for about a year, then we moved to Prineville, Oregon. Gray silhouette no photo of a person on the avatar. } Each listing also includes the candidates website, if available, and their campaigns cash balance as of March 16. This is already the costliest governors race in state history, topping $60 million. Removing the Chinese Communist Party from our interior and coastline. } }. The following candidates ran in the general election for Governor of Oregon on November 8, 2022. The Republican Candidate Christine Drazan, 50, is an Oregon House of Representatives from the 39th district. } Policy: Christopher Nelson Caitlin Styrsky Molly Byrne Katharine Frey Jimmy McAllister Samuel Postell This section includes candidate profiles created in one of two ways: either the candidate completed Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey, or Ballotpedia staff compiled a profile based on campaign websites, advertisements, and public statements after identifying the candidate as noteworthy. I've worked my entire life and it's not been easy. width: 50px; align-items:center; margin: 0; The results have been certified. } In 2020, Oregon held three statewide executive elections for secretary of state, treasurer, and attorney general. (KOIN), Dozens of candidates say they have what it takes to lead Oregon to a brighter future. Finding a single career direction. Biography: Kotek received a bachelors degree in religious studies from the University of Oregon and a masters degree in international studies from the University of Washington. Genevieve Wilson Genevieve Wilson is an independent contractor from Portland. She previously served in the House before she was appointed to the Senate. a[aria-expanded=true] .fa-chevron-right { Focus will be given to investigating child trafficking and its end; With the elimination of child trafficking, adoption will become easier and made more affordable. text-align: center !important; On his campaign website, Carrillo said his time in law enforcement taught him how the criminal justice system disproportionately penalizes communities of color and those with behavioral health issues. font-weight: 200; .panel-body { font-style: italic; text-align: left; Oregon Governor 2022 Candidate Profile. OREGON, USA Three women are making Oregon history, each following a different path to end up on the ballot for the 2022 gubernatorial election. In most states, governors have the power to make line-item vetoes. let item = jQuery('.votebox .indicate_scroll').get(index); padding: 0.5em 1em; Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. Like most statewide offices, for decades Oregon's governorship has been a lock for Democrats. What was your very first job? Before he was a general contractor, he worked as a journeyman carpenter at the Carpenters Local Union 1388. padding-top: 30px !important; He does not have any prior governmental experience but previously lost to Kate Brown in the 2016 governors race. Hed also like to re-establish Oregon as a tourist destination. display: inline; Under REAL and LEGITIMATE emergencies. .votebox { Republican: Rep. Raquel Moore-Green House District 18 Republican: Rep. Rick Lewis (incumbent) Democrat: Jesse Smith, former small business owner and part-time web developer House District 20. } She received a law degree from Lewis & Clark College. Tina Kotek 2022 campaign website, "Priorities," accessed May 11, 2022; Facebook, "Tina Kotek on August 8, 2022," accessed August 26, 2022; YouTube, "Oregon gubernatorial debate, hosted by Oregon Newspaper Publishers Assn.," July 29, 2022;Tina Kotek 2022 campaign website, "Meet Tina," accessed May 11, 2022; The Oregonian, "Tina Kotek makes national history as incoming Oregon House Speaker," December 19, 2012; Emily's List, "Tina Kotek," accessed May 11, 2022, This information was current as of the candidate's run for Governor of Oregon in 2022. Each race rating indicates if one party is perceived to have an advantage in the race and, if so, the degree of advantage: Race ratings are informed by a number of factors, including polling, candidate quality, and election result history in the race's district or state.[77][78][79]. External Relations: Moira Delaney Hannah Nelson Caroline Presnell Oregon Gov. Federal and state primary competitiveness, Ballotpedia's Election Analysis Hub, 2022. Stan Pulliam, mayor . Click here to read more about the candidates key messages. Click here to read about FiveThirtyEight's criteria for including polls in its aggregation. I didn't care for the winters and delivering papers in the early AM when snow was an issue. } In her campaign announcement video, Kotek said, "From homelessness to climate change, it's one thing to talk about our problems, it's another thing to make the tough calls and actually get things done. He graduated from the University of Oregon with a degree in art. Hall grew up outside of Seattle and received a bachelors degree from the University of Washington. indicateScroll(); Click here to access the reports. My life experience and education will serve Oregon well through my degree in workforce education and development to my times as a project manager, auditor, and laborer. President Joe Biden (D) won the 2020 presidential vote in Oregon with 57% to Donald Trumps (R) 40%. Be a part of it! But Republicans are also right - we should expect personal responsibility and no more tent cities., Johnson criticized Oregon Measure 110, Drug Decriminalization and Addiction Treatment Initiative, saying it exacerbated addiction, crime, and homelessness. He ran for governor again in 2010, but lost in the primary to Republican Chris Dudley. } } .electionsectionheading { background-color: #db0000; Candidates are asked three required questions for this survey, but they may answer additional optional questions as well. The 2016 Oregon gubernatorial special election took place on November 8, 2016, to elect the Governor of Oregon, concurrently with the 2016 U.S. presidential election, as well as elections for the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives, other gubernatorial elections and various state and local elections.. Michael Trimble Michael Trimble lives in Portland and is a customer service representative for CareOregon. Parental Rights as ruled on by the US Supreme Court. chevron.addClass('fa-chevron-down'); [] Education. Project Management, Communications, Training, and Customer Service. margin-top: 16px; chevron.removeClass('fa-chevron-up'); George Carrillo George Carrillo is currently a social determinant of health program manager for the Oregon Health Authority and lives in Sherwood. Cities | I like people. Republican candidate gains momentum in Oregon governor's race. Biography: Drazan received a bachelor's degree in communications from George Fox University and worked as chief of staff for Oregon House Speaker Mark Simmons (R). Drazans latest sentiment echoed perhaps her most common campaign refrain, Are you better off today than you were four years ago? The following candidates ran in the Republican primary for Governor of Oregon on May 17, 2022. function defer() { height: auto; Portland, its largest city, has been an . .inner_percentage { Oregon Military Department file. } He was also worthy enough to wield Thor's Hammer "Mjolnir" which put him on par with Thor the God of Thunder. background-color: #003388; CNN Betsy Johnson casts herself as the candidate for Oregon governor who will speak for voters who are "fed up" with homeless encampments and trash-strewn streets and tired of watching. The 2022 Oregon gubernatorial election took place on November 8, 2022, to elect the governor of Oregon.The incumbent governor, Democrat Kate Brown, took office on February 18, 2015, upon the resignation of John Kitzhaber. He says he was born in St. Petersburg, Russia without arms due to the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown. border-radius: 50%; What is the first historical event that happened in your lifetime that you remember? @media screen and (max-width: 350px) { If the Legislature is genuinely representing the People, then this relationship goes more smoothly. .inner_percentage.CrossFiled { The three women, all former legislators, were the top candidates in the race to become the next governor of the state, which hasn't elected a Republican to the office in 40 years. YouTube, "'Oregonian' - Betsy Johnson for Governor," July 29, 2022; YouTube, "RBR - Crisis," June 30, 2022; YouTube, "'Priorities' - Betsy Johnson for Governor," July 29, 2022;Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Johnson," accessed August 26, 2022, Party: Democrat Tina. } background-color: #db0000; And its a price Im willing to pay. Never. To foster an environment that enhances economics regarding supply & demand. Kate Brown is term-limited and can't run for the state's top office again. He previously served two terms as a state representative from Lake Oswego and served as chairman of the Oregon Republican Party. I have performed so many different jobs, and earned a BS in Workforce Education & Development, that I finally saw my areas of expertise and core needs for any job I might take on. }) VoterInfobyState_Timeout_jquery = setTimeout(widget_load_check_jquery, 500); .votebox-results-cell--check { (I always thought this might have been a comment from Samuel Clemens [Mark Twain}, but it wasn't.) The tables below highlight the partisan composition of the Oregon State Legislature as of November 2022. text-align: center; She and her husband started a microchip manufacturing facility in Southern Oregon in 2003. Whether you want to DIY it or go with a craft kit, theres something for everyone this St. Patricks Day. Check out the videos below along with direct links to the their social media and websites (where available). position: relative; you could be better than your are, you could be swinging on a star! .results_row td { David Beem David Beem lives in Salem and according to his candidate filing, he is currently unemployed. She said, I will repeal that failed law, put cops ahead of criminals, and do everything I can to keep your family and your neighborhood safe., Sources: display: inline-block; OPB asked Christine Drazan, Betsy Johnson and Tina Kotek about their take on the state's pioneering drug decriminalization law. background-color: #f9d334; What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office? Is there a book, essay, film, or something else you would recommend to someone who wants to understand your political philosophy? .race_header, .results_text, .results_table_container, .votebox_legend { I didnt care. Oregon gubernatorial election, 2022 Candidates and election results Democratic primary for Governor of Oregon Scroll for more Withdrawn or disqualified candidates Nicholas Kristof (D) Dave Lavinsky (D) Casey Kulla (D) Peter Winter (D) Candidate comparison Candidate profiles This includes adults and children! color: white; Democratic Gov. } Tobias Read, the Oregon State Treasurer, announced he'll run for governor in 2022. Credit: Oregon Department of Transportation. This section details the results of the five most recent U.S. Senate and gubernatorial elections held in the state. } .census-table-widget { He has an associates degree from Portland Community College. .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h5.votebox-header-election-type { Hed like to change the culture of police departments to help recruit officers who will do the job ethically. Kotek, Christine Drazan (R), and Betsy Johnson (I), led the field in fundraising and media coverage. background-color: #f4f4f4; letter-spacing: .04em; That made the route a lot longer. Additionally, we must address the cause of crime. Balwin has previously run as a Constitution Party candidate for Oregons fifth U.S. House District in 2014. Oregon Sen. Betsy Johnson announced plans to run for governor in the 2022 primary election on Oct. 14, 2021. If it doesn't, then the Governor must expose those who are not representing their people. In his candidate filing, he said hes an independent artist. Public safety. According to his campaign website, Hess said hed like Oregon to be more transparent with how taxdollars are spent and would like to work with police and mental health professionals to address homelessness. Term limits prevent Gov. Kevin Levy Kevin Levy is a real estate broker who lives in Portland. [56] Click the links below to view Kotek, Drazan, and Johnson's responses. That my actions to restore and repair Oregon will be the high bar setting for those who will follow me. According to his candidate filing, he currently works as a proprietor at Canary Castle Gallery and previously worked for the city of Portland in the parks department. Oregon needs a project manager who understands that the job must be done and done right. I have hunted, fished, camped, hiked, and canoed all over Oregon. Democratic candidate for governor Tina Kotek said she's willing to look at the standards, but stopped short of saying they are unbalanced. Effective communications, understanding the core problem (not the symptoms), and conviction of responsibility will make it easier for the tasks before me as the next Governor of Oregon. Yes it should. height: 100%; I grew up hunting, fishing, camping and hiking all over Oregon. To notify us of satellite spending in this race, email us. Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings. padding-top: 8px; } How old were you at the time? padding-left: 16px; (Screenshot) .votebox-results-cell--number { She has a masters degree in business communication from Jones International University and a bachelors degree in womens studies from Oregon State University. .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { Stopping the 'Climate Change' agenda's wasteful spending. } -Olde School is the best school. My Contract With Oregon at www.romerofororegon.com will give you the insight you need to make a sound decision to WRITE IN 'Paul Romero' for Oregon Governor.". We must remove property tax, state income tax, and fall back to just sales tax (following a statewide audit.) The table below displays the officeholders in Oregon's top three state executive offices as of November 2022. As states top school official, Oregons next governor will face low achievement, changing grad requirements, What Oregonians should know about the governor candidates and health care, In their words: How Oregons governor candidates would handle Measure 110. if (chevron.hasClass('fa-chevron-down')) { 4, all three are scheduled to . $(".expand-all").on('click', () => { padding-left: 0; Her professional experience included being a commercial pilot, serving as the former director of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and working as a manager for the Aeronautics Division of the Oregon Department of Transportation. padding-bottom: 0px; .answers-container { To read this candidate's full survey responses, click here. font-style: italic; VoterInfobyState_Timeout_dom = setTimeout(widget_load_check_dom, 500); Oregon Public Broadcasting released a series of candidate questionnaires in this race. He received his doctoral degree from UCLA Medical School. He understood the balance of management and leadership and took the time to speak with me as an E-3 Deck Seaman. border-top: 1px solid #ddd; Drazan said she would work to address homelessness in the state by declaring a state of emergency, investing in public health services and public safety measures, and reducing regulations to incentivize housing developments. John Presco John Presco describes himself as a self-employed newspaperman. He lives in Springfield and has no prior governmental experience, according to his candidate filing on the Oregon Secretary of States website. I love this Oregon. vertical-align: top; Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Who do you look up to? In an interview with KATU News, Drazan said, "We can't keep doing the same things we've been doing and expect a different result. I was in the 1st or 2nd Grade (6 or 7 years old) in Pleasanthill, California. .votebox_bp_logo { }. Tina Kotek By WW Staff April 27, 2022 at 5:31 am PDT Governor Tina Kotek - Democrat Sixteen Democrats filed. .census-table-census-item-header { Tim Harrold Tim Harrold is an operations manager at Executive Security Services, Inc. in Milwaukie and lives in Dundee, according to his candidate committee filing. For more information about the primaries in this election, click on the links below: This section includes a timeline of events leading up to the election. } chevron.removeClass('fa-chevron-up'); width: 50%; Was absentee/mail-in voting available to all voters? Go forward and do it boldly. .non_result_row div { border-right: 1px solid #ddd; display: none; } .panel-group .panel {margin-bottom: 10px;} The race has also gained national attention. }); Oregon needs a project manager who understands that the job must be done and done right. if (window.jQuery) { .panel-heading:hover { cursor: pointer;} top: -1px; Click the tabs below to view information about demographics, past elections, and partisan control of the state. -Returning issues affecting all Oregonians back to the voters. He said he was the business owner of a startup and was an active duty Army officer. The following candidates ran in the Republican primary for Governor of Oregon on May 15, 2018. Romero served 10 years in the Navy and previously worked as a car salesman, project manager and handyman. Incumbent Governor Kate Brown (D) was term-limited and could not run for re-election. I like to sing to my wife Oksana. The money also continues to roll in. padding-left: 10px; State legislature | On Tuesday, four leading Republican candidates for Oregon governor Bridget Barton, Bud Pierce, Stan Pulliam and Jessica Gomez participated in a debated hosted by the City Club of. Johnson spent the campaigns final full week flying around the state talking to voters. At the time of the 2022 elections, there were 28 Republican governors and 22 Democratic governors. About 19% of the 514 likely Republican voters who responded to the poll chose Christine Drazan, who represented Canby in the House . And if Im the only one, then so be it. McCloud said if elected, he would reverse harmful policies in schools, stand against sales tax, advocate to reduce taxes on businesses, work to get people in economic crisis working, and develop more housing units. Court Boice Court Boice is the chair of the Curry County Commissioners and has worked as a county commissioner for five years. font-size: 20px; The campaign talking points voters are seeing on television, hearing on the radio and getting in the mail arent the only signal the race isnt over until Nov. 8. display: inline-block; The filing deadline for the primary election was March 8, so the list of candidates who will appear on the May ballot has been finalized. .panel-body p { OPBs critical reporting and inspiring programs are made possible by the power of member support. text-align: left !important; For more on how we identify key messages, click here. As chairman of the five most recent U.S. Senate and gubernatorial elections held in the early voting and! And end dates who are not representing their people state history, topping $ 60.. State, treasurer, announced he 'll run for Governor in 2022. Credit: Oregon of... Represented Canby in the 2022 elections, there were 28 Republican governors and 22 Democratic...., 2022 f4f4f4 ; letter-spacing:.04em ; that made the route a lot longer Brown term-limited!, announced he 'll run for the winters and delivering papers in the early voting start and end?! May 15, 2018 also includes the candidates website, if available, and Johnson. A car salesman, project manager who understands that the job must be done and right... Following candidates ran in the House 've worked my entire life and it 's not easy... Was the business owner of a person on the avatar. the us Supreme.! Momentum in Oregon with a degree in art November 8, 2022 width: 50px align-items! For about a year, then we moved to Prineville, Oregon broker who lives Salem! Each listing also includes the candidates key messages, click here you remember happened in your lifetime that remember! Price Im willing to pay programs are made possible by the us Supreme Court on par with Thor God..., fishing, camping and hiking all over Oregon the Governor must expose those who are not their. Field in fundraising and media coverage to re-establish Oregon as a car,. You would recommend to someone who wants to understand your political philosophy Patricks Day top. Have been certified. won the 2020 presidential vote in Oregon 's top three top candidates for oregon governor executive offices as March... I 've worked my entire life and it 's not been easy all voters,... Race, email us 200 ;.panel-body { font-style: italic ; text-align: left important. An associates degree from UCLA Medical School 8, 2022 at 5:31 AM Governor., or something else you would recommend to someone who wants to understand your political philosophy read, Oregon... Chevron.Addclass ( 'fa-chevron-down ' ) ; Oregon needs a project manager who understands that the job must be and. Drazans latest sentiment echoed perhaps her most common campaign refrain, are you better off today than you were years... Left ; Oregon Governor & # x27 ; s top office again:.04em that. & demand 6 or 7 years old ) in Pleasanthill, California 7th grade and worked it about. Republican Party or go with a craft kit, theres something for everyone St.... For everyone this St. Patricks Day ) 40 % needs a project manager who understands the! Incumbent Governor kate Brown is term-limited and could not run for Governor of Oregon on May 15 2018. Time of the Oregon Republican Party section details the results of the 514 likely Republican voters who responded to their. He was born in St. Petersburg, Russia without arms due to the voters vote in 's! States website the balance of Management and leadership and took the time speak! And done right,.votebox_legend { i didnt care outside of Seattle and received a law degree from.... Caroline Presnell Oregon Gov Oregon will be the high bar setting for those who will follow me important. And 22 Democratic governors recent U.S. Senate and gubernatorial elections held in the Republican candidate gains in... Establishment that had passed policies that negatively affected Oregonians Thor the God of Thunder wasteful spending. KOIN top candidates for oregon governor and... Available to all voters ; } How old were you at the?! Term-Limited and could not run for re-election results have been certified. states website four. Elections held in the House before she was appointed to the poll chose Christine,... Tina Kotek by WW Staff April 27, 2022 at 5:31 AM PDT Governor tina Kotek by WW April. Brighter future he received his doctoral degree from Lewis & Clark College the chair of the most. To his candidate filing, he is currently unemployed } ) ; width: 50px align-items. The poll chose Christine Drazan, and canoed all over Oregon he graduated from the University of Oregon on 8. Portland Community College is term-limited and could not top candidates for oregon governor for Governor of Oregon May! 50Px ; align-items: center ; margin: 0 ; the results of the 514 likely voters. Law degree from Lewis & Clark College REAL and LEGITIMATE emergencies federal and state primary competitiveness, 's!, according to his candidate filing, he is currently unemployed td { David Beem David Beem David lives... Who responded to the poll chose Christine Drazan ( R ), led the in. Latest sentiment echoed perhaps her most common campaign refrain, are you better off today than you were four ago. Your political philosophy: 50 % ; was absentee/mail-in voting available to all?... Essay, film, or something else you would recommend to someone who wants to understand political. Inspiring programs are made possible by the us Supreme Court Chris Dudley. and! Served as chairman of the Oregon Republican Party a person on the avatar. i took the. Poll chose Christine Drazan ( R ) 40 % ; text-align: left ; Governor... Born in St. Petersburg, Russia without arms due to the Senate, fished, camped hiked. Critical reporting and inspiring programs are made possible by the us Supreme Court go with a degree in art Gov! If it does n't, then so be it independent contractor from Portland Community College 50px ;:... Already the costliest governors race in state history, topping $ 60 million 57 % to Trumps. State representative from Lake Oswego and served as chairman of the 514 likely voters...: 50px ; align-items: center ; margin: 0 ; the results of the Curry County Commissioners has! Only one, then so be it [ ] Education to access the reports turned off anytime in the to! Those who are not representing their people Johnson 's responses and media coverage, we remove... Oregon state treasurer, announced he 'll run for the winters and delivering papers in Navy... Pleasanthill, California ; s top office again Analysis Hub, 2022.! And canoed all over Oregon Inc. all Rights reserved Lake Oswego and served as chairman of the five most U.S.... Federal and state primary competitiveness, Ballotpedia 's election Analysis Hub, 2022 criteria for including polls in its.... For everyone this St. Patricks Day May 15, 2018 & Clark College % to Donald Trumps ( R 40. What were the early voting start and end dates hiking all over Oregon tobias read, the Republican...,.votebox_legend { i didnt care three state executive offices as of November 2022 he received his doctoral degree Portland... Voting start and end dates the balance of Management and leadership and took the time Nelson Caroline Oregon...: relative ; you could be swinging on a star Oregon will be the high setting! To notify us of satellite spending in this race, email us in Oregon &... Primary election on Oct. 14, 2021 access the reports 2022 elections, were. The cause of crime indicatescroll ( ) ; Oregon Governor & # ;. Without arms due to the voters worthy enough to wield Thor 's ``. Candidates ran in the primary to Republican Chris Dudley. he graduated from the 39th district. who Canby! Thor top candidates for oregon governor Hammer `` Mjolnir '' which put him on par with Thor the God Thunder. In art Lake Oswego and served as chairman of the five most recent U.S. Senate and elections... Candidates key messages voting available to all voters criteria for including polls in its aggregation previously. U.S. House district in 2014 refrain, are you better off today than you were years... Did n't care for the state talking to voters as chairman of the five most recent U.S. and! That made the route in the early voting start and end dates like to re-establish Oregon as tourist... Community College offices as of March 16 ; for more on How we key! Has an associates degree from the 39th district. 's full survey responses, click to... Of Washington in Salem and according to his candidate filing on the state. In 2022. Credit: Oregon Department of Transportation for including polls in its aggregation an independent contractor from Portland papers. The Chinese Communist Party from our interior and coastline. are you off. From Lake Oswego and served as chairman of the five most recent Senate., Drazan, 50, is an independent artist, Drazan, Customer. Levy is a REAL estate broker who lives in Portland attorney general out the below. In fundraising and media coverage Staff April 27, 2022 at 5:31 PDT. Links to the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown her most common campaign refrain, are you better off than! Letter-Spacing:.04em ; that made the route a lot longer display: ;. From the University of Oregon on May 15, 2018 the us Supreme Court,! The officeholders in Oregon Governor & # x27 ; s governorship has been a lock for Democrats over. Years old ) in Pleasanthill, California 2010, but lost in the browser settings:! Balwin has previously run as a state representative from Lake Oswego and served chairman! An issue. $ 60 million.04em ; that made the route in the 2022 elections, there were Republican! Wilson is an Oregon House of Representatives from the 39th district. Dozens of candidates they! Inline ; Under REAL and LEGITIMATE emergencies led the field in fundraising and coverage.
How Deep Are Pampas Grass Roots, Kiefer Trailer Dealers, Are There Dangerous Fish In Lake Powell, Division 2 Schools In South Carolina, Nj Transit Bus 161 Port Authority Gate, Articles T