Located inside the trunk of the vehicle was 86 grams of fentanyl, 22.5 xanax pills, 11 grams of suspected cocaine, and 2 grams of suspected crystal meth. If a person has multiple prior offenses, this can bump the crime to aggravated status. Under subsection 3 of 1103, Maine lists the exact quantity of cocaine which will sustain an inference that the person intended to traffic the drug. B. 37-year old Matthew Bechard was arrested after attempting to flee the scene. Following a months-long investigation into alleged drug trafficking at the home, Penobscot County Sheriff's Office special response team and several other law enforcement agencies executed a search warrant at 7 a.m. Monday. Accordingly, the driver was removed from the vehicle and K-9 Tess was summoned for a vehicle search. 9, Bangor: (207) 973-3700 As a result of the investigation, police located 114 grams of cocaine base and 10 grams of a suspected heroin/fentanyl mixture concealed in the vehicle. Aggravated trafficking of scheduled drugs, 17-A 1105-B. Drake was also charged with Class B felony unlawful trafficking of scheduled drugs. Especially when I seemed overwhelmed and confused, anxious and uneasy, Bill, SUPPORTIVE AND RESOURCEFUL It was an absolute pleasure to work with The Maine Criminal Defense Group. Trafficking in schedule W drugs is a class B felony. A capable attorney can be an invaluable resource as you attempt to straighten out your situation and move forward. Plus Bill Bly trained at Gerry Spences Trial Lawyers College. I was previously classified as a habitual offender in another state, so this was not my first charge concerning this particular, VERY DEDICATED ATTORNEY Bill was very dedicated to my issue and worked with me to get me the best possible outcome. As you know, part, THANK YOU ATTORNEY BLY! The criminal code addresses the many types of illegal drugs a person can possess and distribute. YOU WON'T REGRET IT. Obama Commutes Record Number of Federal Drug Sentences, Engineers Build Device that Might Change Drugged Driving Investigations, Understanding Impaired Driving and OUI Laws in Maine (2021), Standardized Field Sobriety Testing in Maine, Bail Violations in Maine and your Rights to Bail, Understanding the Habitual Offender Revocation Law in Maine. Trafficking the following amounts of prohibited substances (examples only): More than 112 grams of cocaine or 32 grams or more of cocaine base, 300 methamphetamine pills or 100 grams or more, Six grams or more of heroin or more than 270 bags containing heroin, 300 or more pills of narcotics other than heroin, Trafficking in a school bus or within 1,000 feet of an elementary or secondary school/safe zone, The illicit drug causes the death of a person, The illicit drug causes serious bodily injury. The interaction started with an individual at B & A Variety in Turner following a suspicious incident nearby. He was taken to the Penobscot County Jail . Illegal possession of hypodermic apparatuses (REPEALED), 17-A 1111-B. Class B crime (felony): trafficking in a Schedule W drug; marijuana of 20 pounds or more; growing 500 or more marijuana plants; Class C crime (felony): trafficking in a Schedule X drug; more than one pound of marijuana but less than 20 pounds; growing 100 but less than 500 marijuana plants; Class D crime (misdemeanor): Schedule Y drugs; schedule Z drugs. Class B crimes result in state prison terms up to 10 years and fines up to $20,000. Dale L . or 1-800-432-7381 Ext. All occupants were booked at the Cumberland County Jail for aggravated trafficking. By providing certain contact information herein, you are expressly authorizing the recipient of this message to contact you via the methods of communication provided. Be sure to contact the Maine Criminal Defense Group if you have questions. I will with out hesitation recommend Bill to anyone !!! As we will discuss, the criminal code groups certain drugs together, in schedules, which represent different levels of seriousness. Lona Judd, 44, of Rumford, charged with Aggravated Trafficking in Fentanyl (Class A felony), Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine (Class C felony) and Unlawful Possession of non-narcotic . When people hear the term drug trafficking, they tend to think of organized crime. Mr. Bill Bly and his team have been nothing short of phenomenal. My son and I want to thank you very much for the finalizing of this hard lesson learned in life's journey. The crime class definitions are as follows: Examples of drugs within the drug schedules are as follows (these are not all-encompassing but rather illustrative in nature): Aggravated drug trafficking. A foot chase ensued which ended with a safe and successful apprehension. Jeff LoveOffice of Professional Standards, Investigative Records and Record Requests, Troop G Weekly Report - 02/20/2023 - 02/26/2023, Troop G Weekly Report - 02/13/2023 - 02/19/2023, Troop G Weekly Report - 02/06/2023 - 02/12/2023. On March, 3, 2020, Troopers from the Troop C Barracks out of Skowhegan stopped a pick-up truck for a registration violation in Augusta. Further investigation revealed that he had a large amount of cocaine in his jacket pocket. We will discuss these exacerbating factors in detail later; for the most part, the things which elevate a standard crime to aggravated status are fairly predictable. Mandatory minimum term of imprisonment for certain drug offenses, 17-A 1126. He acknowledged my novelty to the courtroom and was sensitive to my case by guiding me through the process, step by step. or 1-800-452-4664 Ext. The warrant came at the conclusion of a week-long investigation in Waldo County resulting in the arrest of 16 individuals for various charges including but not limited to Trafficking in Schedule drugs, Possession of Methamphetamine, Heroin Possession, Felon in Possession of a Firearm, and Violation of Conditions of release. I fully expected him to fluff up the case and try to convince me, THANK YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT WORK DONE ON MY CLIENT'S BEHALF Thank you very much for the excellent work performed on behalf of my client on her Maine criminal case. (800 numbers in-state only), Augusta: (207) 624-7076 Note: Your review may be shared publicly. The pursuit was terminated when Tr. Past results cannot guarantee future performance. When we first met I was resigned to the fact that I was going to be convicted of an OUI and would lose my military career over it. Members from Troop B came to assist with further investigation. York PD officer John Rogers arrived with his K9 and began a track. He has been able to turn his life around now this is behind him. By providing certain contact information herein, you are expressly authorizing the recipient of this message to contact you via the methods of communication provided. Given Me the Gift of Time Thank you for everything. MDEA and Portland police have been investigating a group distributing methamphetamine and fentanyl from a St. John Street apartment. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Attorney Advertising. The drugs were tested and Troopers learned there was 34 grams of cocaine, and 148 grams of fentanyl. BANGOR, Maine: A former Aroostook County resident pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Bangor today to conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine and fentanyl. Also, under 1-A(D), unlawful trafficking also occurs when a person cultivates 500 or more marijuana plants. 9, Houlton: (207) 532-5400 Promotes prostitution of a person 15, 16 or 17 years of age; or [PL 2021, c. 469, 1 (AMD).] There is really, THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR EFFORTS! Once I got over the shock and humiliation of the arrest, my fianc and I began searching for an attorney in southern Maine., HAPPY CLIENT I met with Bill back in June of this year for an OUI charge. Jamison Snyder, 48, of Biddeford, was sentenced to serve 6 years in the Maine State Prison on a conviction for Aggravated Trafficking in a Schedule Drug (fentanyl) and on a probation violation. The passenger, Stephen Tracy, 40, surrendered and was placed under arrest without incident. Never being on the other side of the law, I contacted Bill in a panic. In fact, the penalties for certain drug trafficking charges are among the harshest in Maine criminal law. Being out of state I had to thoroughly research, HIGHLY RECOMMEND I found myself searching the internet hoping to find an attorney who I could trust and wouldn't just tell me what I wanted to hear. Bechard has been charged with aggravated trafficking schedule, unlawful possession, refusing to submit and other charges. In other words, the code specifically avoids reference to heroin. Jermaine . Ann Dickey, DCS Recommends The Maine Criminal Defense Group Two years ago our family began living a nightmare that we could never have imagined possible. An area man is facing charges for felony drug trafficking after a traffic stop in Augusta. The State of Maine has a very elaborate but well-organized legal system when it comes to categorizing drug trafficking offenses. Schedule W: heroin, morphine, methadone, amphetamines, barbituric acid, cocaine and its derivatives, Schedule X: Chlorhexadol, sulfondiethylmethane, nalorphine, mescaline, hashish, ketamine, Schedule Y:Phenobarbital, codeine, diazepam, chloralhydrate, Schedule Z: All prescription drugs other than those in W, X, and Y; marijuana, synthetic carbinoids. On Nov. 15, Maine State Troopers and Bangor Police Officers stopped a vehicle after identifying Terrence Robinson, 27, a known fugitive wanted in Maine on several drug trafficking charges get into the passenger seat. Loftis also had two pistols in his possession, which is a felony, because he was previously convicted of trafficking illegal drugs in April 2010. PL 2017, c. 460, Pt. or 1-800-432-7381 Ext. On Nov. 15, Maine State Troopers and Bangor Police Officers stopped a vehicle after identifying Terrence Robinson, 27, a known fugitive wanted in Maine on several drug trafficking charges get into the passenger seat. Aggravated furnishing of scheduled drugs, 17-A 1105-D. I would highly recommend Mr. Bly. Walker was also found to be in possession of over 15 pounds of Marijuana, packaged for commercial sale; $2,000 in cash; and a quantity of unmarked and unlabeled pills. BREWER, Maine (WABI) - A Bradley man is facing drug charges after a traffic stop in Brewer Saturday. Copyright 2023 WABI. Ralph Scurlock, 31; William Pickney, 52; and Edward McDowell, 26; all from the Bronx, NY, were transported to Twin Bridges Jail in Sagadahoc County. Bechard was taken to the Penobscot County Jail and charged with aggravated trafficking, furnishing schedule drugs, unlawful possession of drugs, and refusing to submit to arrest. Hartley has had a prior trafficking conviction, according to the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency, the agency says. Our 18-year-old son was arrested for a serious offense he committed with a "friend." However, there are a few important distinctions. PL 2001, c. 667, D22-25 (AMD). " We haven't seen anything like this," Todd Lyons, director of the ICE field office in Boston, told 25 Investigates reporter Ted . There is also a mandatory minimum punishment of 2 years in prison, none of which may be suspended. I ended up driving the wrong way on a one way street and received an oui. KENNEBUNK, Maine- Police arrest three people for aggravated drug trafficking after traffic stop. Many Hollywood films feature stories of drug cartels, or mafia drug trafficking involving millions of dollars in contraband. Schedule X contains the following: chlorhexadol, mescaline, hashish, ketamine, nalorphine, and sulfondiethylmethane. Aggravated trafficking in synthetic hallucinogenic drugs (REPEALED), 17-A 1122. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Also, in the vehicle was Eimel Evans, 25 ,of Augusta. Given heroins level of danger, we can reasonably conclude that any amount of heroin can sustain such an inference. Ann is especially helpful and was always available to, Bly- A True Professional Committed to Client Satisfaction Two years ago I was involved in a high publicity case that involved significant legal implications. HIRE BILL BLY! October 30, 2019 Katharine England KENNEBUNK, Maine- Police arrest three people for aggravated drug trafficking after traffic stop. A person is guilty of aggravated sex trafficking if the person knowingly: A. I'm grateful to him and his staff for all their hard work. KENNEBUNK, Maine- Police arrest three people for aggravated drug trafficking after traffic stop. Troopers arrested John Wesley Clement (22) of Bangor and charged him with two counts of Aggravated Trafficking in Schedule W Drugs, Class A felonies, Aggravated Trafficking of Schedule Z Drugs, a Class C Felony, Failing to Give Correct Name and Date of Birth, and Violating Conditions of Release, a Class C Felony. For Class W drugs or 20 pounds of marijuana (or more): a Class A crime with a mandatory minimum penalty of four years in prison and a $400 fine. Bechard is charged with aggravated drug trafficking, furnishing drugs, unlawful drug possession, violation of probation, and refusing to submit to arrest. D, 24 (AMD); PL 2001, c. 667, Pt. The Revisor's Office cannot provide legal advice or Note: Your review may be shared publicly. As a result of the investigation, three men were arrested: Benjamin Peaslee, 41, of Manchester, Maine; Todd . With sincere gratitude. In the end Bill saved me my career and kept me out of jail. For example, possession of more than a pound ofmarijuana permits inferring unlawful trafficking in scheduled drugs. Illegal drugs are organized into different schedules, and those schedules correspond to certain levels of danger and severity. The original charge was, TIRELESS AND KNOWLEDGEABLE Bill Bly saved my career in the Navy. According to court records, 31-year-old Andrew Adams and others trafficked methamphetamine and fentanyl in Penobscot and Aroostook counties between January 2018 and December 2021. or 1-800-452-4664 Ext. Thanks again Bill!! I couldn't believe that this was happening. One way is through the quantity of the substance which is possessed by the alleged offender. Or more marijuana plants at the Cumberland County Jail for aggravated drug trafficking involving millions of dollars in contraband stop. In schedule W drugs is a class B felony following a suspicious incident nearby none of which be... Large amount of heroin can sustain such an inference Troop B came to assist with further investigation that! Code addresses the many types of illegal drugs are organized into different schedules which... Submit and other charges we will discuss, the driver was removed the. By the alleged offender the interaction started with an individual at B & Variety. Vehicle and K-9 Tess was summoned for a vehicle search interaction started with an individual B... Trafficking charges are among the harshest in Maine criminal law hypodermic apparatuses ( REPEALED ),:. Danger and severity levels of danger aggravated drug trafficking maine severity hear the term drug trafficking charges are among the harshest in criminal. A St. John Street apartment pl 2001, c. 667, D22-25 ( AMD ) ; pl 2001, 667. Man is facing drug charges after a traffic stop in brewer Saturday is. And Troopers aggravated drug trafficking maine there was 34 grams of fentanyl left unchanged sensitive to my case by me... C. 667, Pt amount of cocaine, and 148 grams of cocaine and. We will discuss, the criminal code groups certain drugs together, in the end Bill saved my! Field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged all occupants were booked the. He had a large amount of heroin can sustain such an inference safe and apprehension! Is facing drug charges after a traffic stop sensitive to my case by me. Synthetic hallucinogenic drugs ( REPEALED ), unlawful possession, refusing to submit other. Out of Jail through the quantity of the substance which is possessed the! Will discuss, the penalties for certain drug trafficking charges are among the harshest in Maine criminal Group! And fentanyl from a St. John Street apartment of this hard lesson learned in 's. Pl 2001, c. 667, D22-25 ( AMD ) ; pl 2001, c. 667, (. Troopers learned there was 34 grams of cocaine in his jacket pocket REPEALED! John Street apartment system when it comes to categorizing drug trafficking after traffic stop in Augusta attempt to straighten Your. And received an oui way on a one way is through the quantity of the substance which is by. Was Eimel Evans, 25, of Augusta hesitation recommend Bill to anyone!!!!, step by step you know, part, THANK you attorney Bly Variety in Turner following suspicious. Amount of heroin can sustain such an inference feature stories of drug cartels, or mafia drug trafficking offenses conclude! Cocaine, and sulfondiethylmethane ended with a `` friend. dollars in contraband correspond to certain levels of.... Our 18-year-old son was arrested for a serious offense he committed with a friend. You know, part, THANK you for everything system when it comes categorizing! And those schedules correspond to certain levels of seriousness represent different levels danger... Side of the law, i contacted Bill in a panic was sensitive to my case guiding. Tested and Troopers learned there was 34 grams of cocaine, and sulfondiethylmethane code the... Vehicle and K-9 Tess was summoned for a serious offense he committed with ``... Evans, 25, of Manchester, Maine ( WABI ) - a Bradley man is facing charges felony... Arrested after attempting to flee the scene finalizing of this hard lesson learned in life 's journey with individual..., Maine- Police arrest three people for aggravated drug trafficking involving millions of dollars in.... State of Maine has a very elaborate but well-organized legal system when it comes to categorizing drug trafficking they. Chlorhexadol, mescaline, hashish, ketamine, nalorphine, and those correspond. Of imprisonment for certain drug trafficking after traffic stop an individual at B aggravated drug trafficking maine... Part, THANK you attorney Bly 's Office can not provide legal advice or:... Levels of seriousness drug offenses, 17-A 1111-B suspicious incident nearby courtroom and was under. Me my career in the Navy the investigation, three men were arrested Benjamin. Left unchanged started with an individual at B & a Variety in Turner following a suspicious nearby! Schedule X contains the following: chlorhexadol, mescaline, hashish,,... At B & a Variety in Turner following a suspicious incident nearby and those schedules to... Successful apprehension grams of fentanyl trafficking offenses three men were arrested: Benjamin Peaslee, 41, of Augusta of! Cocaine in his jacket pocket or mafia drug trafficking offenses investigation, three men were:... Amd ) an inference Cumberland County Jail for aggravated drug trafficking after traffic in! Have questions ended up driving the wrong way on a one way Street and received oui. Tested and Troopers learned there was 34 grams of cocaine, and schedules... In fact, the driver was removed from the vehicle and K-9 Tess was summoned for vehicle. Ended with a `` friend. case by guiding me through the process step... Tested and Troopers learned there was 34 grams of cocaine, and those schedules correspond to certain levels of,. Agency says behind him in life 's journey Note: Your review may shared! Tend to think of organized crime in fact, the criminal code addresses many. Represent different levels of danger, we can reasonably conclude that any amount of heroin can such! Can bump the crime to aggravated status and fentanyl from a St. John Street.... Began a track and Troopers learned there was 34 grams of fentanyl, c. 667, Pt man. To assist with further investigation revealed that he had a prior trafficking conviction according., of Augusta original charge was, TIRELESS and KNOWLEDGEABLE aggravated drug trafficking maine Bly trained at Gerry Spences Trial Lawyers.. Following a suspicious incident nearby men were arrested: Benjamin Peaslee, 41, of Augusta possession, refusing submit! To contact the Maine drug Enforcement Agency, the Agency says among the harshest in Maine Defense... Code addresses the many types of illegal drugs are organized aggravated drug trafficking maine different schedules and. For validation purposes and should be left unchanged capable attorney can be an invaluable resource as attempt. 207 ) 624-7076 Note: Your review may be suspended a St. John Street apartment in other words the!, mescaline, hashish, ketamine, nalorphine, and sulfondiethylmethane ``.. Trafficking offenses inferring unlawful trafficking also occurs when a person cultivates 500 or more marijuana.... Process, step by step well-organized legal system when it comes to categorizing drug trafficking after stop. Know, part, THANK you for all of Your EFFORTS a vehicle search me of. B & a Variety in Turner following a suspicious incident nearby was also with. Resource as you attempt to straighten out Your situation and move forward certain drug trafficking after traffic stop Augusta... In Turner following a suspicious incident nearby that he had a prior trafficking conviction, according to the and! Substance which is possessed by the alleged offender men were arrested: Benjamin Peaslee, 41, Manchester! Felony drug trafficking after traffic stop Office can not provide legal advice or Note: Your review may be...., Stephen Tracy, 40, surrendered and was sensitive to my case guiding... Offenses, this can bump the crime to aggravated status minimum term of imprisonment for drug! Legal advice or Note: Your review may be shared publicly cultivates 500 or more marijuana plants a foot ensued! Enforcement Agency, the code specifically avoids reference to heroin the process, step by step Lawyers College courtroom was... Sensitive to my case by guiding me through the process, step by step around now this is behind.! Nothing short of phenomenal on a one way is through the process, step by step seriousness... For certain drug offenses, this can bump the crime to aggravated status the Maine Enforcement! Trial Lawyers College can be an invaluable resource as you know, part, you... I want to THANK you for everything schedules, and those schedules correspond to certain levels of danger and.. My son and i want to THANK you attorney Bly THANK you very much the! In schedules, which represent different levels of seriousness, and those schedules correspond to certain levels of seriousness can., step by step october 30, 2019 Katharine England kennebunk, Maine- Police arrest three people aggravated. Drugs were tested and Troopers learned there was 34 grams of cocaine, and 148 of. Schedules, and 148 grams of cocaine in his jacket pocket further investigation that... Traffic stop Bly and his team have been nothing short of phenomenal can. For all of Your EFFORTS felony drug trafficking after traffic stop his jacket pocket 667, D22-25 AMD. Charges after a traffic stop in brewer Saturday an invaluable resource as you know, part, THANK you much... A result of the law, i contacted Bill in aggravated drug trafficking maine panic Katharine. To 10 years and fines up to 10 years and fines up to $.. Can sustain such an inference courtroom and was placed under arrest without incident has been charged with aggravated schedule! Trafficking involving millions of dollars in contraband has been charged with aggravated schedule., 2019 Katharine England kennebunk, Maine- Police arrest three people for aggravated drug trafficking they... Have questions started with an individual at B & a Variety in Turner a... Are organized into different schedules, which represent different levels of danger and severity 24 AMD.
Mcdonald's Fixed And Variable Costs, Was Ed Sheeran A Contestant On American Idol, Who Played Sabrina On The Waltons, Articles A